Several inquirers have requested a description of our typical ride. Come along for the ride:
- We typically choose flat (or no hills; low hills) rides
- A leader or regular 'Spokes rider leads the pack. A volunteer is requested to bring up the rear. NOBODY gets left behind!
- The typical full-ride is approximately 20 miles round trip and takes approximately 2 hours to complete.
- The typical half-ride is approximately 10 miles and takes approximately 1.5 hours to complete.
- Speeds vary but the leader will keep the speeds for full-rides between 11 mph and 14 mph (Road cycles typically do twice that speed) and around 8 mph to 10 mph for the half-rides.
- We typically follow gravel or blacktop paths and try to keep riding on streets to a minimum. Family rides will be contained to parks where no riding in the street is required.
- About half of the rides begin at the Trinity Parking lot while the other half start in various areas of the region.
- Riders are expected to follow cycling etiquette (hand signals, announce when passing, etc.) and HELMETS ARE REQUIRED!
- We stop for five minute breaks about every 30 minutes. Please don't forget your water!
- Leaders carry cell phones and simple first aid kits. We encourage riders to bring their own.